If you are only looking to buy one bike to satisfy all of your riding needs then the Cannondale Synapse Carbon Tiagra Road Bike 2017 is the one you need. The Synapse name has become synonymous with performance and endurance and this new model delivers on this criteria.
The new S.E.R.G. Race Endurance Geometry is designed to make long rides as comfortable as possible yet the frame setup still ensures manoeuvrability and responsiveness. The innovative, SAVE PLUS micro-suspension technology, used in the rear triangle and fork, provides a smooth and comfortable ride, absorbing bumps.
No matter what speed or gradient you are traveling over, Shimano’s Tiagra groupset will ensure smooth and reliable shifting and the 10-speed, 12-30 cassette provides a range of gears capable of getting over tough climbs and ramps.
- S.E.R.G. Synapse Endurance Race Geometry: With its slightly taller head tube, slightly longer wheelbase and slightly slacker head angle, S.E.R.G. strikes the ideal balance between pure race positioning and upright comfort. Perfect for long days in the saddle and confident handling on all road surfaces.
- Save Plus Micro-Suspension System: The Save Plus Micro-suspension system is a three part system, comprised of the carbon lay-up, the rear triangle and fork, and the seat post and seat tube, all designed to collaborate seamlessly to reduce vibration, improve handling, and increase comfort.
- Save Plus Micro-Suspension System (Seatpost and Seat Tube): The elegantly scalloped seat tube and the smaller diameter 25.4mm seatpost are designed to flex together to provide more comfort when seated. The integrated collarless seat clamp allows more of the seatpost to flex than with a traditional clamp.
- Save Plus Micro-Suspension System (Rear Triangle and Fork): The frame and fork’s carbon layup is designed to optimise high-frequency vibration dissipation, reducing road buzz. The radical helixed shapes of the chain stays and seat stays work in conjunction with the offset dropout fork to allow the wheels to track over imperfections in the road for better handling and control, seated or standing.
- Power Pyramid/BB30A: The seat tube splits asymmetrically to meet a new wider BB30A bottom bracket, for maximum stiffness with minimal weight.
- Ballistec Carbon Construction: Extreme lightweight. Perfectly tuned stiffness. Remarkable strength.
- SM = Standard Mod carbon for strength and responsiveness.
FRAME: Cannondale Synapse BallisTec Carbon Di2 ready SAVE PLUS BB30a
FORK: Cannondale Synapse SAVE PLUS BallisTec Carbon 1-1/8 to 1-1/4 alloy steerer
HEADSET: Cannondale Synapse Si 1-1/4 lower bearing 25mm top cap
STEM: Cannondale C3 6061 Alloy 31.8 6 deg.
HANDLEBARS: Cannondale C3 butted 6061 Alloy Compact
GRIPS: Cannondale Grip Bar Tape w/Gel 3.5mm
FRONT BRAKE: Tektro R741 dual pivot cartridge pad
REAR BRAKE: Tektro R741 dual pivot cartridge pad
BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra 4700
FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra 4700 braze-on, 10-speed
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra 4700 GS, 10-speed
SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Tiagra 4700, 10-speed
CASSETTE: Shimano HG500 12-30, 10-speed
CHAIN: KMC X10, 10-speed
CRANKSET: FSA Omega BB30a 50/34
FRONT WHEEL: Maddux RD 2.0 28-hole rim, CX20 front hub, Stainless Steel 15g spokes
REAR WHEEL: Maddux RD 2.0 28-hole rim, CX22 rear hub, Stainless Steel 15g spokes
FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe Lugano clincher 700x25c
REAR TYRE: Schwalbe Lugano clincher 700x25c
SADDLE: Cannondale Stage Ergo w/ Crmo Rails