The Pro6 is a race bike first and foremost and uses our proven race geometry. It’s designed to come out in front after an hour of elbow to elbow pedalling, vaulting and running. In addition, it has eyelets to allow the fitment of ‘guards, rack and bottles if you are that way inclined. It’s not supposed to be a ‘Jack of all trades’, but it is designed to be practical and adaptable as well as FAST.
• Tough Kinesium tubeset with taper headtube and ‘CXD’ 500g, full UD carbon monocoque, 1-1/8″>1.5″ taper-steerer fork. Fork is eyeletted at dropouts and rear of crown and has hose clip on rear of LHS blade.
• ‘Ergo2′ profiled top tube for comfortable carrying, oversize…but not TOO oversize, Kinesium down tube, it’s not too fat to grab with muddy gloves and isn’t a ‘mud magnet’.
• Sensible head tube lengths. Cyclocross is all about explosive acceleration and short sharp climbs. Towering ‘comfortable for the commute’ head tubes put the bars in your chest and don’t work for racing. You can add up to 40mm of spacers if you want to press it into service as a commuter.
• Post-mount on frame and fork for easy fitting and adjustment.
• Eyeletted for ‘guards, rack, bottle cages. Alternative ‘guard bracket included. Use to attach rear mudguard LHS stay to post mount caliper bolt, when using mechanical disc brakes.
• Routing is on RHS of top tube, out of the way of your neck when carrying, it’s designed to take a full outer cable [for max mud/water resistance] or a hose for hydraulic discs.
• New Kinesis UK designed, forged dropouts [135mm hub spacing].
• ‘aStay’ asymmetric chainstays.